Wednesday, April 9, 2008

awake

So how are you today? Doing well, just getting by?

I woke up this morning to the sound of scratching. There are some things that annoy me a LOT and one of them is the sound of Daisy or Mini at the door, struggling to dig their way in. I glanced at the clock: "4:44" it screamed in neon green lights. Reluctantly, I peeled myself from my bed and opened the door. I was moving rather slowly, so by the time I had shut the door and turned around, I saw Daisy curled up in my bed! I picked her up and moved her over, covering her with a blanket... and fell back to sleep. My head is still groggy from that experience... I'm not one to wake up in the middle of a deep sleep.

Right now though, I'm feeling super talkative (which is the reason I'm posting... there's no one to talk to). After I got up for real, I decided to spend my "quiet time" just talking to God. A fuse was blown so the power in my room and my sister's room wasn't working, so it was semi-dark. It's been awhile since I had a truly quiet quiet time and just talked to Him. I usually drown myself out with thoughts or sleep or something and end up frustrated. But today was different. I shared some things with Him that He obviously already knew, but it was good to talk to Him. It was a very good start to my day.

So now I'm feeling really happy although I'm pretty tired... just really content about a lot of things (...things that I had previously been a bit anxious about... praise God!) and finding my joy in Him.

I hope you're having the same experience today. Maybe you didn't have a good wake-up this morning but I hope that you're finding joy in the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. oh I love you lindsay-lue! thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the post too. I was just thinking about that tonight in church...we were talking about how to be a "Spirit Filled Christian" Answered prayer was one of the things that would be clearly seen in a SPC's life...I'm always convicted when I think about how often I pray...Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest