Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm a first born... at least I don't disappoint.

"If you scored C, you are probably a first-born and I will probably not get along with you as well as others." - Dr. Orr

We took personality profiles last Wednesday in Intro to Ministry. You know, the kind where you rate yourself 1-4 on certain traits and from that determine if you are D, I, S or C.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, so when taking tests like this, I tend to gain insight into where they're going. If the answers don't seem as flattering as I'd like, I'm not above changing my little number to reflect a more appealing result. Sad, but true.

On this quiz, though, there was NO DOUBT what kind of personality I had. Instead of rating myself high on things like "talkative, fun-loving, optimistic, cheerful, enthusiastic", I was writing fours in the little boxes next to "cautious, serious, precise, factual, logical", stealing glances at the papers of the people on my right and left. They were patient, gentle, loyal, agreeable and I'm all accurate, perfectionist, conscientious.

Gee, way to boost the self-esteem.

One neat thing was that each of my roommates and I scored differently on the quiz. Molly's a D, which means dominant. Maddie's an I, an influencing personality. Amanda's an S for steadiness. I am the faithful, compliant. Which as you know, has "first-born anal-ness" written all over it (neatly, written first in pencil [just in case] and then carefully traced with a black sharpie).

The appealing "Characteristics" column contains terms like "tendencies", "desired environment", "motivating needs", "fears", "judges other by", "stress release", and "recovery needs" for each trait. It reminded me of a little animal book I remember reading that described monkeys. What they like to eat, what they're afraid of... not really sure I like being described like a monkey.

But whatever.

I heard a LOT of people saying all day: " I'm sorry, I can't do that. That's just my personality. Live with it."

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. That sounds like an interesting test to take. Of course, I would probably find it stressful. I would analyze every question and then wonder if I answered it because that is what I want to believe to be of myself, or if it really characterized me. Oi! Yeah, so glad I'm not taking that test, now. haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest