Thursday, December 4, 2008

i can't sleep...

I'm sitting at my kitchen table. It's dark in the house so as to not wake anyone up. While I was hoping to be in bed sleeping soundly at this time, it looks like there are other plans.

Like being up.

I know it's God because in case you didn't know, I don't usually have a problem sleeping. I sleep on planes, I sleep in the car, I sleep whenever I can because I usually stay up quite late doing last minute things. If I'm in bed with eyes open for over five minutes, something's usually up.

I finished my paper (woo-hoo!), finished getting ready for bed, and walked into my room. I felt like reading my Bible so I pulled it open and opened it up. A random paper in the Old Testament made it open to Judges 10. Who knows, maybe God has something to say from there. He did. I was reminded of His never-ending mercy and grace to me.

So I thought about bed after that. But then I started thinking about a person who really needs encouragement and I don't usually do this (I'm pretty good at putting things off) but I decided to write her a letter.

Still no bed.

My last attempt was an hour ago. I think I'm going to spend some time talking to God because thankfully, my mind is quite alert and I'm not super tired.

So much for going to bed early. And thank goodness for naps after my 7:45 class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest