Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009!

My last day in Spokane, snow fell very fast and thick on the ground. A few short hours later it stopped, revealing a world covered in white. It was on the roof and covered every blade of grass. All around was white, pure and beautiful. It didn't look like the same backyard; it appeared almost magical.
I think of the new year like a fresh blanket of snow. No one has walked in it and it's full of adventure, ready to be played in, to be walked in, to be driven in... it's thrilling entering each new year just as it is to open the door to a winter wonderland. Behind us lies the previous year. We can look back on its high points and smile at the memory and recall the low points with a sigh. We haven't messed the new year up at all but we can't wait to pull on our snow boots and coats and sink our fooprints in it, making our mark.
January brings newness to the same old things. I love it.

This year, I'm looking forward to:
- turning 20 in March
- knowing what I'm doing for school in the fall and seeing how God will lead me in that direction
- the summer. I have some ideas about what I'd like to do and I'm also excited about how those will come together
- really bonding with the roommates
- learning in school and out of school.

I can't wait to see what it holds. I just wish there were snow on the ground to make this illustration perfect :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, yay! I love New Years Day, so exciting to think what could happen in the course of a year.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest