Friday, March 20, 2009

just a vessel

Oh have I ever been learning about being a vessel! It's a concept that really keeps coming to mind at the oddest times (to me). As I was running this evening, I started thinking about how my body is a temple and how in essence, I'm nothing more than a shell, given life by God and filled with Him to do His work. I'm nothing at all without Him, as He is the One who gave me life, gave me breath, and even made the vessel for those things to dwell in. I'm completely a product of His handiwork and it fills me with such wonder to think that He made ME for good purposes, His plans. Oh how wonderful is the Lord and Savior I serve!

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

This verse has been going through my head nonstop over the past few weeks as I think about who I am and who God has made me to be. I love its simple truths and once again thank God for revealing Himself like this to us through His word!

"God's work is not man working for God; it is God's own work, though often wrought through man's hands." - Hudson Taylor

I happen to admire this man's story by the way... he was a man who loved God, gave Him his all, and consequently loved people so much that he was willing to do whatever it took to serve them and give them the gospel. He was a worthy vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest