Friday, September 4, 2009

New Home, Indians and Pig Out In the Park

Welcome to my new home! I now live in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in the same complex as I did last school year.

Here's the view from my back door (old apartment can be viewed between the two middle trees):

We'll start from the front. I don't have a picture of the front on hand, so bear with me. Once you enter our apartment, you'll see the bathroom on your immediate left. Through that door is...

...our room! This picture is taken from the door by the living room but this is it in all its glory... Ashley's unmade bed and my mattress, complete with Monkey. We don't do anything in this room but sleep and get ready so there's nothing special.

I took that last picture from the wall right between the living room and kitchen, so here's the kitchen. It's small but we don't have a lot of stuff right now. On the wall you can see our message board which we love!
Up next is the living room. This is the best room because it has actual furniture and stuff on the walls. We spend all our time in the living room.

We spent an afternoon hanging things on the wall, including poster frames filled with fabric. We're so creative:
There they are on our biggest wall. That's a lot of blank white space but we've filled it for now :)
...and another view of the living room! This room doubles as the study room/dining room because the dining room has no table yet, only storage for Ashley's bike. On the left of the window (which we keep open when we're home because we don't have a/c), are pictures we drew and on the right is my China scroll. Furniture was free!
And here's my roommate! We made dinner one night and took a roomie picture with our peas. See Mom? We eat our veggies!

Last weekend, many Moody students (300 or so) went to the Spokane Indians game. It's possible that you'll remember me going last year - this year was so much better because I knew people! I didn't watch much of the game because I was talking most of the time but I did take a picture!
And then Carson and I took squish pictures. This is the only one where both of us were smiling... and also the only blurry one. Sad day. But oh well... It was a good time!

Today we (roommate, fiance and I) went to Pig Out In the Park. No school on Thursdays (it's wonderful!) so after picking up some job applications here and there and taking our school pictures, we went to Riverfront Park to walk around and eat. We had already had lunch but it was still fun to go and see what people were selling. Not too many people were down there but it's a five-day little festival of food. It smelled so good! Here are just some of the booths along the river:
And Ashley and I with the pretty flowers. Carson volunteered to take a picture of us and I'm glad he did!
And my Huckleberry ice cream. I've not had a huckleberry before today but they're popular around here so I decided to try it - very good!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A post with photos!! I love the blurry one of you and Carson. I'll see you in 11 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lvoe the blurry one of you and your fiance too!(yes i read the above comment). and it looks as though you have a lovely set up my dear. i'm so happy for ya! much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics! thanks for showing us your new place!!!!:) i can't wait to talk with you, engaged college student!:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest