Thursday, April 1, 2010

springtime

Oh my, April already!

It's beginning to look a little more springy over on this side of the world. Cheery cherry blossoms are blooming over on the Capitol campus, tulips (my favorite) and daffodils are displaying their bright colorful selves on fresh green grass. I do love spring. It's so welcome after the general gloominess of winter.

Rain is just about an everyday occurance but even that isn't so bad. I just put on my bright green coat and new rain boots (a birthday gift from Carson) and make it LOOK cheerful. It really has a great impact on my mood, too.
What a wonderful thing it is that God created seasons and weather. How monotonous it would have been if every day was like the one before. I'm so glad that we have the new, damp smells in Spring, the hot humid days of Summer, the crisp, cool leafy smell in Fall, and bright white snow in Winter. I'm quite thankful that He's given us seasons and the capacity to enjoy them. EVEN the rain!

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth!
You have set Your glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouths of babies and infants You have established strength
because of Your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.

When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers
the moon and the stars which You have set in place,
What is man that You are mindful of Him,
and the son of man that You care for Him?
Psalm 8:1-4

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, happy spring. It's colorful in our little part of the world too. Right now the color is yellow, pollen yellow. By the way, it was 83 today. Love and miss you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile. I love you, Linds... and your green coat! Yay for spring and seeing you SOON!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest