Monday, May 17, 2010

goings-on

It's been a full few weeks since I've been in the South. I've had time with friends and time with family and that's been awesome! I expected to be much busier than I am. This week there's obviously quite a bit going on and little projects needing to be finished but other than that it's been calm. Here's a bit of what I've been up to:

One of the things Becca wanted to do when I got here was "watch a movie and eat pickles". So we did. Got Bride Wars and spent an evening in front of the

When I was, oh, 12 or so, I was quite strong. We have pictures and I'm actually really muscular (though incredibly skinny). Anyway, I used to pick Dad up on my back just because I could and carry him around the house (weird, I know). So I tried to see if I still could - and I can. I wanted proof in case people didn't believe me. And yep, he's trying to be odd in the picture.

Making poofy things for the reception. I think they're called Mexican wedding flowers. But "poofy things" is much more refined. You should see the dining room and the stair rails; they're COVERED in big and small versions of these things. It looks like a party. Mom keeps cutting them out and working on them... and we join in too when we're not doing anything else.
And lastly, I went strawberry picking with Grandmama and Granddaddy a couple of Saturdays ago! It was so fun (and HOT. and crowded!). I spent the night and Granddaddy just suggested that we get ready and leave for the strawberry patch. A rather quick trip, since Grandmama and I had to go to my bridal shower a little later, but so much fun! I made one pie with the results and tonight I'm making another one with the frozen leftover berries.

And last, but definitely not least... I'm going to the airport today - to pick up Carson! And making the aforementioned pie... since he got wind of the last one I made and begged that I save some berries for him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest