Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And What Do You Do?

This is the most common question we get. People who haven't seen us lately are always asking what we're up to, where we live, and what jobs we're doing. In the event that someone reading this is wondering the same thing:

We live in Naches, Washington. It's a very small town in Central Washington, very cute, and lots of fun.

Carson is the only one working for the summer. He works on the Naches fire crew for the US Forest Service in the Okanagon-Wenatchee Forest district. He's hoping right now to go on assignment on a really big forest fire somewhere (like Colorado, Alaska, or another place they have big fires) and when he does, he'll be gone for 14-21 days. We're not looking forward to THAT part but Carson is really hoping to get to go somewhere and fight fires. In the meantime, he's working on on-district fires when they're there, doing a lot of PT stuff (because this job involves a TON of hard work), and other such things. It's a pretty guy-friendly job, one I (Lindsay) certainly wouldn't be able to do without many tears.

Meanwhile, I'm sticking around at home. I keep myself busy with cleaning our little house, cooking, grocery shopping, and running errands. I do a lot of walking around Naches - to the library (where I'm sitting now), the post office, and other places. One reason I'm not working is because we're only here for such a short time (mid-August); another is because if Carson leaves for a little while, I won't have to stay here by myself. I'll get to go to Olympia, where my in-laws live.

When together, we play Scrabble (thank you Grandmama!), watch movies, study Romans, read through the Old Testament. We're reading through a couple of other books right now too. We've gone to visit Olympia a couple of times, and this weekend we went to Cashmere. So we're fairly busy, but in a lazy sort of way.

And that is what we do!

3 comments:

  1. It is so nice to hear what you are up to on a daily basis. Sounds quite familiar... ;-)
    Look forward to actually hearing about everything from your own lips though! Love ya dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairly busy but in a lazy sort of way.
    Yes! Ha ha me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm extremely busy in a harried sort of way!LOL!! And walking to the library? Sounds like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest