Sunday, July 11, 2010

getting ready

Morgan and Becca prepping 
Maria working on my hair. We stopped for a break when it looked something like this and asked the flower girls what they thought. "Isn't it pretty?" We asked. "Noooo! It's ugly!" they said. 

The bridesmaid's dresses. 
Okay, so I love these dresses. They were the perfect purple (hard to find!) and they were like $30 from Target - can't beat that! The day before the wedding I had some time (read: I was procrastinating on something more important) and made tags with each girl's name so she could locate her correct dress. 


More hair... Hilary Mansell came to help with bridesmaid's hair. As far as I know, she got no direction - just made up these updos in her head. All the girls's hair looked so great! Here she is making Brooke's hair lovely...

And now Becca's turn...


My something new (green shoes [our colors were purple and green]), Something old (garter with a piece of Mom's wedding dress lace), and something blue and borrowed (Brooke's blue hair pin)


Emily primping (I think Jillian took this one - I love it!)

And now we're restarting the morning (I uploaded in the wrong order):
Everyone sitting in the den just after waking up morning of. I had been there alone. First Dad wandered in, then various bridesmaids, then Scott...



After chatting in the den and grabbing tea for us tea drinkers and coffee for the ones who needed a buzz, we headed into Mom's room for a devotional led by Jillian and a time of prayer. A wonderful way to begin the morning and such a blessing to look back on!

This was taken in the middle of getting ready. I love the busyness of it. Those not pictured previously are Amy, my photographer and Erin, my sister-in-law.



The dress going on... (I had an audience...)


Lastly, the bridesmaids putting the final touches on their ensembles. I really like this one too... so much going on.

2 comments:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest