Monday, July 12, 2010

wedding ceremony

The wedding! 
I hope everyone feels about their weddings the way I feel about ours. Though the rehearsal was a little crazy, the wedding went SO well. We started a little late because of a rain shower an hour before, but no one seemed to mind. We returned from taking pictures, ran into the house to touch up makeup and hair (and my veil which fell out...oops!) and all of a sudden, we were being ushered out to the front porch. Why? I wondered, assuming we were taking more pictures or something. We were not. The wedding was starting. I could faintly hear music as the grandparents and mothers were seated. Then the bridesmaids started leaving my line of vision all at once. The flowergirls left. Then Dad and I were standing there. Just us. 

He looked at me, tears somewhat feeling his eyes (or rain drops - I guess we'll never know) and he closed his eyes and prayed, hugged me, and then we walked. It was a long walk across the grass, strange to be looked at, and with everyone standing, I couldn't see Carson. We stopped at the top of the aisle and I saw him, our moms, and the bridesmaids, beaming. Gulp. 

After that, everything went really fast. Carson sweated a lot, making me think he was going to fall over (he just wasn't used to the South Carolina heat!), Carson spoke to our guests (I can't wait for the video), Vince talked really fast, we repeated vows (I have no recollection of that moment), and then prayed with our parents. Soon after, we were pronounced man and wife and were walking back to the house. It felt very strange, like it never happened. 

Carson's brother and best man, Trent and Carson walking Mom Bay down the aisle.

Lindsay's brother, Scott walking Mom Norman down the aisle


Dad Norman walking Lindsay down the aisle.


Bridal Party as the bride comes down the aisle


Before our vows, Carson shared his heart in a mini-sermon


Saying vows


Our first kiss as husband and wife


Back down the aisle... this was the most surreal part. We're married!

1 comment:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest