Friday, February 11, 2011

the swing of things.


I'm a busy girl these days. Though I still continue my full-time job, I have resumed the role of student! I'm just part-time, taking two classes each Tuesday afternoon. My Christianity and Western Culture (history/Christianity throughout history) class meets from 12:15 to 3:05 and my Contemporary Issues in Science and Christian Thought (is that not the longest name ever?) class meets from 3:40 to 6:00. 

I'm enjoying being back in the classroom, though it's kind of new and I'm not used to being still for so long during the day. Both classes are going to be a challenge but not too difficult. I'm excited to be learning, glad to be back, and happy happy that this is part of the path to FINISH! The projected plan is that I will graduate next spring (2012), which means a few summer classes and going back to full-time school in the fall. 

Carson, meanwhile, is ten times more busy than I. He is taking 20-something credits, which includes regular classes, his internship, and two directed study classes. On top of that, he's the teacher's assistant (TA) for two Moody classes and is working part-time. When does he study? I'm not so sure. Somewhere between his 4:45  gym trip, daily classes, cleaning the church, and MTS class at the church. He plans to graduate this May (2011) which I've probably already mentioned. He is one busy guy so I really shouldn't complain about my load (not that it stops me, sad to say).

It's fun to have an ID tag, syllabi, textbooks, quizzes and papers to plan for, conversations regarding class, and just the reconnection and fellowship with people I don't regularly connect with outside of Moody

1 comment:

  1. I could spot that ID a mile away! :) Good luck with the busyness. My parents had a similar schedule when they first got married. My dad still has an occasional nightmare about the internship/major papers/part-time job. I hope that you both are getting opportunities to rest!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest