Monday, May 23, 2011

home sweet home

I don't remember when I last posted pictures of the way our place looks.
But I'm always rearranging and making new things
So I thought that it was time for an updated tour.
Compare it with THIS post for a real change :)

A (randomly ordered) fairly accurate depiction of our home. 

Before walking in, you will be met with this (yay wedding gift cards!)

Some books on our bookshelf.

Wall opposite the bookshelves. 
The sign is from Trent & Erin.

Our entry-way. Student IDs, calendars, schedules, coats behind the door.

The wall next to the door: "The office"
And an old-looking world map ($2 Amazon.com) with pictures of places we've traveled surrounding it. 
This was taken in March, notice the birthday cards.
And the huge stack of papers left for Carson to grade.

Frames in the bathroom.
 I've always loved these (super cheap from Pier 1) mirrored frames.

Sunset from the living room window. 

Our hallway, with most of the people who live here

The seating side of the living room.
A frame of wedding pictures. Basket of blankets. Earl the bear.

Since re-arranged, this is our kitchen.

The white lights have since burnt out, but they were great under-cabinet lighting.
I must have been making dinner when I took this.

I know it's messy, but I love fridges covered with LIFE.

Our linoleum is some of the most disgusting flooring ever. 
It looks dirty and gross always.
But isn't the orange wall pretty?
I would love a big something for this wall but lack the $$$

The view from the couch.

The view from "the office"

The bedroom from the door (that's my wedding dress in its bag hanging out on the door)

From the bathroom door looking in


Pillows I made

Costco assortment of toilet paper and no better other place to store it than right outside the bathroom door.

The bathroom.
Taken just as it was this morning in all its disorganized glory

Push-pins hold my necklaces and I put up a ribbon for my immense collection of hair flowers.

The toilet. That's a book on top of a candle in the window by the way.
I don't know why.

Frames and pictures on the wall in our room.

The dresser. Tried to make it pretty but with the iron and sewing machine it's just cluttered.
Ah, to have storage!
(I don't really mind... the only reason I do is for aesthetics.)

There it is! ...our apartment (minus closet. there's no good way to get a good shot of that)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You know, to earn some $$$ for a picture for your kitchen, I should hire you to decorate my stark house, as I have no skill whatsoever in that area. I love your style, girl! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Love how you have made your apartment homey, practical and pretty! You have done a great job and I loved getting the "picture" tour! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds~ I love a cluttered fridge too! It's how you get to know people.
    Dell

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest