Saturday, May 21, 2011

one day left...

Thinking back, the day before our wedding was a little odd. 
So many people buzzing around the house (our wedding was in the backyard), so many things to do. Yet I was in the oddest state of mind. I had always expected that I would be a maniac, barking orders and making all my friends hate me the day before my wedding. I would be stressed and snappy. And there I was, in the kitchen making Carson a strawberry pie. Because I'd been meaning to make him one since I'd picked the berries (and frozen them) a few weeks before. I was in la-la land. 

Of course, everyone else was hard at work...




While I was inside, staining my fingers with red strawberry juice. 

Afterward, of course, I took a shower, got into the car with Mom and went to get my nails done. 
While Jillian, one of my faithful friends and bridesmaids, cleaned the house. 
Though I was not stressed, my mother was. A wedding AT THE HOUSE? Yes, there had been housework neglected. If my state of mind hadn't been what it was, I might have noticed...

After the manicure, we got ready for the rehearsal and dinner. 







We had spaghetti for the dinner. Because I love Italian food. Because everyone loves it. Because it's cheap. Because we had a lot of people to feed. 
I didn't mention that I am allergic to tomatoes, but I am, and I would be reminded of this fact by hives the next morning... my wedding morning. 

It was at the Log Cabin at the USMC air station

Carson and I enjoyed bonding with Kennedy, our niece. We haven't seen her since then, but perhaps she will remember us feeding her the contraband and think fondly of her fav aunt and uncle?


We thanked people for coming. I was still in my little world, so I didn't thank anyone for anything. I just stood there like this. 

My lovely grandmothers :)

My sister. We look alike but not (I think it's the coloring)


I had all my bridesmaids spend the night that night. I'd always wanted to do that. 
And it was a chaotic night, with packing and tidying (which didn't work out so well), and not wanting to go to bed late-night conversations with Emily and Morgan once again. 
But I did get to give them their bridesmaid gifts, which were green parasols, a pearl necklace to wear in the wedding, and flower earrings that didn't go with the wedding that I just thought were cute.

1 comment:

  1. These pots are so much fun! What a great weekend. I remember it being a little strange because... well... YOU were getting married and I was already married! It all seemed to happen so fast! It was also my first time without Gary since being married (I know you can relate with Brooke's wedding).
    It was such an honor to celebrate and stand up with you! Plus, just tons of fun! miss you!
    (and yes... your state of mind was so funny... completely on cloud nine).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest