Thursday, August 11, 2011

...in a burned down old church...

 Two summers ago, my whole world changed. 
I met a guy who I thought I could marry and dated him. 
We were in the same city for three weeks and then we were long distance for two months. 
And then he came to visit in August. 
Further changing my life by asking me to be his wife. 
That was two years ago, today. 

In this place. One of my all-time favorite places back home. 
(and I don't think he even knew that at the time)

I was happy. 
And so was he. 
(and he's wearing a Piggly Wiggly shirt because that is the first thing we did after we were engaged. 
He was SO happy to get that shirt)

The ring was perfect. 
Because he'd picked it out. Classic. Simple. 
And because he'd been sneaky and found out the correct size.

Nine months later, we would get married not too far from that old church ruin. 
And two years later, I would wonder how on earth it had been that long.
One of the best days of my life!

3 comments:

  1. Oh.. a day I remember so well... running through my grandmother's living room screaming at your voice mail message alone. SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU MY DEAREST LIDNSAY! I still say that Carson is a LUCKY DUCKY MAN.. yep..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... I remember that day too... breaking the speed limit so I could see you as soon as I could, emily screaming on the phone, and how happy you are carson were.
    I love these types of memories... and I love you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was riding in the car when I got the picture text of your ring...good thing Levi was driving, too, 'cause I would've caused a wreck. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest