Tuesday, August 16, 2011

talking to myself

I was in the kitchen washing and tearing lettuce when I had to just stop and think.

I realized that I was having a full-on conversation with an imaginary person in my kitchen. I stopped because I suddenly remembered that my door was wide open and if someone had seen it open, they would have taken it as an invitation to come in... and witness me fake-laughing in conversation.

It was then that I realized that this was not the first time, but one of many times that I have been all alone, yet comfortably entertained by myself.
I have done this my entire life. In fact, used to play a lot of Free-cell on the computer, just because playing it was a mindless platform for me to make up stories, become one of the characters, and speak aloud to myself.

Technically, it's somewhat embarrassing, but so far it hasn't been witnessed so it isn't that bad. Plus, some of my best ideas and most profound thoughts come from these little chats with make-believe people.

There must be more ridiculous things than this out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest