Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yum.

I thought I'd post some recent recipe successes, if for no other reason than to encourage you to follow suit :)

On our snowday, we tried something that we've never done before: homemade snow cones. Well, sort of. We had coke in the fridge already, then Carson gathered a bowl of snow from outside, shoved it into glasses and poured coke over it. 
"When life gives you snow, make coke floats..." 

 Another thing I tried recently and was SO proud of was cooking a whole chicken in the crockpot. A friend said it was easy, so I bought the chicken and basically rinsed it, threw it in the crockpot, put random spices  (paprika, thyme, savory, sage) and garlic on top and cooked it for 6 hours. Though I was skeptical, the chicken was really good! It smelled amazing and I was proud.
Ps- probably mentioned it before, but if you're looking for a crockpot, get this one... it has buttons instead of a little knob, so as soon as it's cooked for the specified time, it stops cooking and goes to "warm". It's great if you end up coming home a little later than planned.

We enjoyed our chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. It lasted for many meals!

The last thing I made is the best: Caramel Popcorn! 
I wasn't sure it was going to work, but it did and it was amazing. 
I used this recipe and followed it exactly, except used half the amount of butter. It says to bake for an hour, mixing it every 15 minutes, but I think I baked mine for about 45 and it was perfect. 
Also, it says 5 quarts of popped popcorn. I don't know how much that is, but I popped three bags of microwave popcorn and it was just fine with that amount. This is a recipe I hope you try. I'll be making it again soon! (possibly adding peanuts or cashews... yum).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest