Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mac and Cheese


So, I am loving the recipes I'm finding on Pinterest!
I've made quite a few, which I actually do plan to share because I think they deserve to be tried by others. 
This one was pinned here and it's called "Revolutionary Mac and Cheese". I liked that it didn't have too many ingredients and looked nice and creamy. 
Here's the recipe. Please try it yourself!!

Revolutionary Macaroni and Cheese
Serves 2-4
You'll Need:

2 Cups Macaroni Noodles (I used shells)
2 Cups Milk (I used 2%)
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard (this is what makes it really tasty!)

How to:
Mix noodles and milk in a medium sized saucepan. Just barely bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Don't forget to stir often. I didn't have a problem with the milk burning, but I'm sure it could. 
Turn heat off and add cheese and salt, then mustard. Cover and let it sit for a few minutes, then if it's not creamy enough, add a bit of milk. 

As we were eating, I thought that for something a little bit more healthy, peas or broccoli could be added. I don't love anything mixed into my pasta, but this is so good that I bet I wouldn't even mind :) 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I joined Pinterest last month, but I still haven't mustered the discipline to actually try the awesome-looking recipes I've pinned. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest