Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sleep Talking

I need to clarify that this is NOT our bed. It belongs to our niece and  we slept there when we visited.
It just illustrated the story :)
Scene: It is a little after 10pm. Carson has been asleep for a little over an hour and Lindsay has been finishing up homework in the living room. Lindsay goes into the bedroom to retrieve something. Quietly, but Carson still stirs, opens his eyes, and has this conversation: 

Carson: You crazy, girl
Lindsay: (surprised. I was being really quiet, and that comment came from nowhere) What? Why? 
Carson: Because you did it anyway
Lindsay: (sneaking suspicion that Carson's still asleep) Did what?
Carson: It was crazy!
Lindsay: Are you sleeping? What was crazy?
Carson: says something indistinguishable but says it earnestly
Lindsay: (truly mystified) What are you talking about? 
Carson: (sitting up and looking at me, sticks hand out and does some sort of symbol) It just is
Lindsay: (pretty sure Carson is talking in his sleep) Oh really, what is? 
(asks again, thinking maybe he fell asleep)
Carson: The - the peas! (possibly peace. either way, doesn't make sense)
Lindsay: Are you awake? 
Carson: 76, 78! I really wish you'd stop asking me these things! 
Lindsay: Please go back to sleep. 

In case you're wondering, it's not the first time. Once, I came to bed a little late and Carson tried to start an argument about something really strange. In the morning, just as I'd suspected, he didn't remember. It's kind of funny, but also SO strange. 

3 comments:

  1. I love sleep-talking stories! Unfortunately, I don't get to hear about what I do or say in my sleep anymore because Levi sleeps too hard to know. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! My roommmates used to talk in their sleep. What is that thing over your bed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke - I distantly remember you doing strange things in your sleep! If it were me, I'd probably prefer not to know what I did.

    Faith - haha that isn't our bed; it's my niece's Cinderella bed. I clarified the post!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest