Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Green Dinner

This isn't the most exciting post in the world, but I wanted to give an update on what we actually did on St. Patrick's Day. 

During the day Carson worked (he wore green of course) and I stayed home and did homework (this is midterms week and there's a LOT due). Later that afternoon, we went over to a friend's house for a surprise engagement party. The info isn't quite up on Facebook so I won't say who, but two friends got engaged on Saturday and we had a little celebration in their honor. 

When we got home, we had this green meal:
This was the only green drink we could think of... and Mountain Dew itself is yellow. Somehow I didn't know that... the bottle is at least green.

Along with that, we had baked potatoes (because potatoes are Irish). This was the first time I've ever made them. The potatoes were HUGE and we totally could have shared just one. We each ate half. 

We had green salads also. Regular-colored dressing.

For dessert (we ate this the next day because we were that stuffed), we had green jello. I used the "quick set" method with ice cubes from the back of the box, which is why there are those funny indents. 
We topped those with whipped cream and green sugar sprinkles. 

And that was our St. Patrick's Day dinner! It was fun to plan a themed dinner, so I am now scheming of other holiday meals. If you're wondering, Carson isn't as excited about this as I am, but you expected that, didn't you? He appreciates the efforts and laughs at me for getting into things like this. And I don't actually take it very seriously either; it's just fun to make obscure little holidays special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest