Saturday, April 7, 2012

DIY: Celebration

I really love to celebrate, mainly because it's a good excuse to decorate the apartment in a new way. 
So I thought I'd share some ways we've celebrated and decorated for different holidays. 

These were different sized circles hung on dental floss... they're red and green so I use them for Christmas.

This was when Carson started back at his job this fall...

This is how Carson decorates. 

This past Christmas

Christmas - but I ended up leaving these because I loved the way it looked.

More Christmas. Love those dollar store trees and my crystal tree.

Ornaments in a bowl. 

 Gumballs and a pillar candle. This was one of my favorite ways to decorate but our neighbor, John, kept stopping by to eat the gum. 

 Candy corn in a hurricane glass. I would advise unscented candles if you plan to make an occasional snack from this seasonal decoration.

Fake leaves from the dollar store. 

Sticks I found at the dollar store. I love the way they turned out.

Same sticks, but I made little white flowers by twisting tissue paper.

Shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day (here)

A painting I hung up for Easter

Branches that were intended for the fall... I never used them but I meant to!

A banner I made to celebrate eighteen months of marriage.

The painting and banner I made for the one year anniversary of Molly and Jerrad (in January)

Celebrating Valentine's Day with a heart pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest