Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Making the Most of the Time

As the end of my time at Moody draws closer and closer each day, I am growing more thankful for my time in this place. 
I am thankful for the professors. So many of them are willing to share their lives with us students, and I'm not sure if I've benefited more from their life experience or lectures. 
I'm thankful for my friends. I know a small cluster at Moody. I've stayed close with some friends since our first year in Spokane. Others have moved away or transferred to Chicago. 
Small classes. This semester I've my classes have 8, 12, 7, 18, 12 and 100 people, respectively. All but the last one are for my major. I like the small class sizes. Definitely get to know people better that way. This semester especially, I've enjoyed spending time with the girls in my major (there aren't any guys yet). There are five of us graduating, four of us walking. I have them in most of my classes this semester. They've been a joy and encouragement. 
Minus two people, this is my entire Thursday afternoon class.
This is staged, but my classes are mostly very small like this one
I am thankful for new experiences. Even though I've lived here for four years, there are so many things I've never done or tried in Spokane. I recently joined my fellow Intercultural Min majors (plus one of next years' graduates) for dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant down the street. Since we're all Intercultural, we thought that it was best to try a new cuisine. We liked it! Very different, but a fun experience. 

I really don't remember what this was called. It tasted similar to a curry (but it wasn't). There was chicken in it. We ate the food with our hands, tearing off a piece of bread and grabbing the food with that.

Excellent name for a restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest