Monday, September 24, 2012

Becca's Wedding, Part Two

The morning of the wedding was bright and clear. There were only fluffy white clouds in the sky, the humidity wasn't suffocating, and birds were singing. It was a beautiful day. I woke up early to do a few wedding things before we dashed off in the car to Savannah to get ready.



Once we arrived, I noticed that Becca's wedding countdown had changed. 

And her dining room became full of pins, hairspray and curling irons.

It took a few tries to get her hair just right, but in the end she claimed to love it. Becca's tastes are so different from mine and I was worried that her hair would look like something I'd like and not something she loved. She tried to say that she loved it the first time, but Meagan wiggled the truth out of her and we started over. It was messy and sort of natural, but perfect for her. In the back, we put a dogwood pin that used to belong to Thomas' grandmother, the perfect "something old". 

Sometimes we look so alike that I see a picture of her and think it's me, sometimes we couldn't look more different. This day, we definitely looked the latter. Isn't she beautiful? 


There were a few hours between the getting ready and the getting married. The bride and bridesmaids took pictures in a park before the wedding, then went off to the church to relax before the ceremony. We sat there, got water, talked, and finally prayed with my parents before the time came to walk down the aisle. 

I loved the music they chose for the ceremony. It was by Fleet Foxes, whom I hadn't heard of before, but the instrumental versions especially (they had a guitarist) were beautiful and perfect. 

Becca was so calm before the wedding and right before she was SO excited. I was amazed at how surreal it felt to give her a hug before I walked down the aisle. For the first time, I felt like I could understand why people cry at weddings. 

When the doors opened and everyone stood for her entrance, Becca started to laugh. She was the happiest bride I think I've ever seen. She beamed down the aisle and started walking pretty fast, dragging dear old Dad along with her. 


 The ceremony went off without a hitch. The rings were present and accounted for (I wore Thomas' on my thumb), the vows (borrowed from her friend Meagan's wedding) were perfect, and suddenly, they were Mr and Mrs Mole! There was a kiss and then they beamed down the aisle. When we walked out after them, Thomas was telling Becca how beautiful she looked and how much he liked her dress, giving her a big hug. I think it was surreal for them too ;)




After the ceremony came pictures, of course. Carson took some while the real photographer was at work.




This was my brother's boutonniere. He found this dead dragonfly and added it. It's so him. The boutonnieres, by the way, have chicken feathers on them - how creative!



There were bridal party pictures taken in the park (Carson came too because I didn't think to secure a ride of my own, but he did get fun pictures, huh?).
Dresses:  Meagan's: Modcloth; Mine: Vera Wang White by David's Bridal; Jennifer's: Made by my mom!




And then we arrived at the reception. I don't have terrific pictures of the couple, because I was busy greeting family I hadn't seen since our wedding. But the reception details were so fun!





There was grilled chicken, wild rice pilaf, fruit, black bean salad, caprese salad and bread. So good! I ate like a barbarian. By that, I mean that I hadn't had time to eat much earlier in the day and I wasn't putting food into my mouth in a ladylike manner.


The cake. It was so Becca. That's one thing I kept hearing the whole night, "It's so Becca!" everything really was. Definitely reflected her in so many ways.



There wasn't supposed to be dancing other than B+T's first dance, but they'd chosen upbeat music for the reception and people couldn't help themselves, so there was dancing after all. I'm pretty sure someone else took over the music toward the end though, since "Cupid Shuffle" doesn't seem a very likely reception song unless dancing is intended. In other words, people really enjoyed themselves at this wedding. 



They got ready to go as the dancing wound down, said their goodbyes (everyone filed past them, hugging as they left before the grand exit, which was kind of fun)

And then they were off! 

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love her dress! What a gorgeous bride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her dress, and her hair is stunning! Very naturally beautiful.
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job recapturing the day, Linds!! It was so much fun!

    (and Thomas' and Becca's friend, Will picked out all the reception music, so that's why it turned into a dance party! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest