Friday, September 28, 2012

We're Settling In!

This is just a post to keep you updated on the smaller things in life - the progress and setting up we're doing around here, what Carson thinks of school (spoiler: he loves it!), and the getting-our-licenses debacle. 

Target
We have a Target right around the corner from our house. It's cati-corner from where I work and if we were to walk, it would take only ten or so minutes. Anyway, one of the things we think is SO amazing about this Target is that it's two-story so there's an escalator going up to the second floor. If you look closely though, you'll also notice that there's a little escalator just for the carts. We haven't needed to use it, but this basically makes the store for Carson and I and we're planning to use it soon.

And this was our first trip to Target, a fun purchase of sponges, toilet paper, a new garbage can and cleaning supplies, which we'd allowed to run out in Spokane so we didn't have to carry so much with us. Of course, buying all of those things at once made us want to cry when we saw the total, but it ended up alright.

Pictures
Things are finally on the walls here. I've got a little more upstairs and still working away at it. Most of the pictures we have are small and the wall space here is wider, so it's hard to just put things up but I'm trying to find creative ways to use what we've got already. The "welcome" sign in this picture was a goodbye gift from a good friend in Spokane.

Carson
Carson in his element - in the library at John Carroll. He was prepared for this picture, as unlike that as it seems. I don't have pictures on my phone, he does, but he's got his own office there too, which is really neat! He's loving school.

What I've Been Doing
Working on things for Becca's wedding. I did little signs for the reception and wrote on a chalkboard of the order of the events... that's about the extent of my creative abilities but it was so fun to do!


Pizza Night
We decided to have a make-our-own-pizza night one night. Carson used tomato sauce on his, and mine was alfredo. Both topped with mushrooms of course - Carson calls them "mushies" which is so weird to me, but whatever.

Aaaaand after the pizzas came out, I wanted to take a picture. It was a hot day so Carson's wearing pants, just no shirt (hopefully you assumed that). This was actually day one of our license attempt.
 (That story: We brought the wrong proof of residence that day, so Carson could get his license, but we forgot to bring mail with my name. The second time we tried (we used our marriage license and a pay stub from my work), the camera was down and they couldn't take license pictures. So we ended up going to another DMV about 30 minutes away. Finally, the deed is done though.)
Rainy Days
We've had a number of rainy days here, which has brought on fall-like weather. Since it's still September, I'm not thrilled about this, but I'll admit that the crisp air is pretty nice.

Food
Carson made dinner recently... he made his own "secret" pasta sauce... and made garlic bread from slices of sandwich bread. The only problem? Poor Carson thought that one box of pasta was two servings.

I made zucchini cakes recently, which we really loved. I used this recipe, minus the nutmeg. We thought that we might like these with ranch dressing mix or something similar to give it that "zing" the next time we try.

1 comment:

  1. "Hopefully you assumed that..."
    Oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard!!!
    Such a great update post!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest