Thursday, May 2, 2013

Spa Day

So here's the thing. These pictures should possibly not be on the internet because they are embarrassing. Not so much for me, of course, but I'm still in some of them. 

A couple of months ago, I got a pedicure. I was talking about how nice it was to have those massaging chairs and such and we started talking about how nice it would be to go to a spa. We don't exactly plan on going to a real spa because we are cheap and because leaving the privacy of our home for something like that is not Carson's cup of tea. But anyway, we talked about how nice it would be to be pampered. "Let's do something like that at home!" we said. 
A couple things to note about this conversation: I was the one who said this, and I agreed with myself. Carson did not seem to disagree with the statement, so I count him as agreeing (although it's likely he was reading an interesting segment of his book and nodding at that).

So that "conversation" led to this. Spa Day 2013... which we were actually really excited about (I had told Carson about face masks and he was excited to peel one off because he thought it would be like a snake shedding skin). I worked that day and Carson had class, but we decided to meet at the house at a certain time before a lecture he was attending - to squeeze our spa adventure into three hours. 
Here were our supplies: 



We armed ourselves with our tools and went into the bathroom, which seemed like the most logical place to run hot water to soak our feet in. While they were soaking, I put Carson's face mask on.


And he said "Wouldn't it be funny if we had cucumbers like they do in movies?" and as he said that, I was reaching for the plate of cut-up cucumbers I'd bought and sliced so that we could have the full spa experience :)

Then we got foot massages (and again I'm saying this though it should go without saying, but he's wearing shorts. I realize that there's no proof of this).


And finished off with these pore strips which really worked. Since I couldn't find a mask that peeled off, these did the trick, and he had fun showing me how gross it was afterward. Ew.

It was certainly far, far from a manly thing to do, but we had fun. It was nice doing something different, and now Carson really likes sugar scrub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest