Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip


I made this quite simple dip for a "Comfies and Cocktails" party a friend and I threw not too long ago. We watched girly movies, drank yummy drinks and snacked on tasty munchies... all in our comfy PJs. 

The day before, I realized that I probably needed to make something, and I had all the ingredients for this one so it was the winner. 

I found the original recipe here, and though she shaped her dip like a football for the Super Bowl, I decided to stick with a round ball. Some people thought that it was a strange cheese ball, initially. 

Carson was the official taste tester and really relished the job.


You'll Need:
1/4 cup of butter (half a stick), softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy because Carson prefers it and it's what we had [I don't personally think there's a point if it's not crunchy])
1 tsp vanilla (original recipe said 1/2, but I always add more)
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar (I used 1 1/2)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Chocolate sprinkles
Animal crackers or something tasty to dip it in

Mix the first three ingredients together.
Add the powdered sugar, bit by bit (unless you want a cloud of sugar) and mix in chocolate chips
Place mixture on waxed paper and shape (not necessary; mine was pretty pliable). This makes a LOT of dip, so I used about 3/4 of the mixture to do this and put the rest aside for later.
Serve! We had leftovers and it kept well in the fridge. The portion that I set aside earlier froze well for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest