Friday, November 15, 2013

Fall Treats

Remember the pumpkin bread I've made before? I thought that it would be fun to make it into cupcakes instead. I used a spice cake mix, can of pumpkin, eggs and a little milk, hoping that the batter wasn't supposed to be different for cupcakes. I poured it into my mini muffin pan and set it in the oven for... I think 10 or 15 minutes, I'm not positive, but I checked to make sure it wasn't burning many times. 
I made a cream cheese frosting by googling "cream cheese frosting" and making the first one that came up (I knew the ingredients but wasn't sure of measurements). It was a very scientific process. I cut a corner in a ziploc bag and piped the frosting on my little muffins, put a little nutmeg and cinnamon on top and voila! They were delicious. 



I helped with a baby shower awhile back and intended to make little pretzel sticks dipped in white chocolate... well, I ran out of time, Carson ate the white chocolate (I think white chocolate is disgusting, personally) and time passed and pretzel sticks weren't my top choice for snacks. So I made Halloween pretzel sticks for my coworkers. I melted the white chocolate in the microwave, then dipped the sticks. I used a spoon to help spread the chocolate and set them on a baking sheet to harden. I've seen some cute ghost ones with mouths and eyes, but all I had were tiny nonpareils, so they just have little eyes. I covered a few in Halloween sprinkles I had on hand, but the ghosts were cuter.
This was the easiest, laziest treat ever and I'll probably do it again... trying to think of cute Christmas ones!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest