Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stuffed Mushrooms

I LOVE mushrooms, and I really love stuffed mushrooms. 
I've had my eye on a few recipes for them and decided to go for it when making an appetizer for a baby shower a couple of months ago. 

These were flavorful, fairly easy, and I think a pretty fool-proof recipe. Make this. No really. 

Stuffed Mushrooms
You will need:
16-24 oz mushrooms (I counted and this added up to about 35 mushrooms)
4oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
8oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic (or 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
1/2 cup sweet onion, finely diced (this equaled half of a medium sized onion for me)

What you'll do: 
Set your oven to 350*
Cook the bacon until it's nice and crumbly. Reserve a little bacon grease in the pan and set aside. 
Wash your mushrooms and take off the stems
Chop those stems into little pieces (I actually started off with 2 packages of mushrooms and only used the stems from those. When it came time to stuff, I realized I had a LOT of filling leftover so I opened the other pack of mushrooms and used the caps but not the stems... so do whatever you want here, but it will make a little more filling)
Dice your onion 
Toss the onion in the pan and cook for about five minutes, or until they've softened. 
Throw the diced mushroom stems and the garlic into the pan until everything is softened. 
Enjoy the aroma of your kitchen. It smells like you're an amazing cook. You are.
Add your cream cheese and Parmesan cheese to the pan and cook until melted
Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper as needed. I added a little parsley for no reason other than I really like parsley.
Stuff your mushrooms. If you used two packs of mushrooms, you will probably have mushrooms that are overflowing and that's probably a great idea. YUM. If you used three packages, that's fine too. 

If you want to prep this early for something, you can just refrigerate the filling. 

Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350*. 
Enjoy. These are exceptionally tasty. 





2 comments:

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest