Monday, March 3, 2014

The Everyday

When people ask what's new, I usually say something like "Well, it's been cold" or "Well, it's been snowing a lot" which is basically saying "We have no life and I couldn't think of anything else to say". Because truly, not much is new and my personal fear is that we're going to have snow instead of fireworks on the 4th of July.

Our normal weeks go like this: church, community group, Carson class on Tuesday and Wednesday, date night on Thursday (have I mentioned that we have a regular night together this semester? Because it's thrilling and the first time ever), Carson works Friday and Saturday night and then the week begins again.

I work five days a week at irregular hours. The last part is not my favorite thing, but I guess it's not the worst either. Most days I have to be up really early, and I am NOT a morning person so it's pure torture, but some days I don't go in until 8 or 10 or even 2 and those days are nice because I feel like less of a zombie. And in case you're wondering NO I have not succumbed to caffeine to get me through those early mornings. I fear that I will get really hooked on it and get terrible headaches when I can't have it, and I don't want that, so I drink water.

Set your calendars for May, because that's when Carson graduates! I'm making him do the whole gown and graduation thing, when he'd prefer to simply get the proof on a piece of paper. In truth, Carson graduating means a lot to me and I feel like it's both of our accomplishment in some way. No, I didn't help him study (I really really couldn't... I cannot understand most of the things he's studying) but moving here was something we both did and it's been the reason for our life in Cleveland so I feel like the cap and gown thing is ceremonious for our time here. 9 weeks left until the big day (I think).

As far as school for the fall goes, we're not 100% sure what the plan is. Carson's been accepted to a school that isn't his top choice and the stipend and location aren't the most ideal, so we aren't sure what exactly what we're going to do. We're praying about it and should know what we're doing for certain shortly. What we ARE thinking is a bit of a departure from the original plan, but we're totally okay with that and have discussed it at great length and agree and aren't stressed. Overall the whole "What's going on with our future???" has felt a lot less worrisome than the last time, possibly because there's more familiarity.

I've hit the point in the winter where despair has set in. It happens mid February and doesn't end until the snow goes away. The snow is no longer lovely, try as I might to view it that way. It's cold and I'm tired of it, tired of being tired (presumably because of the cold - does cold weather make you sleepy? I nap more often in the winter), tired of being so dehydrated from the cold (I try to drink at least 90oz of water a day and still barely feel hydrated sooo...), and just really ready to be warm.

Chin up, spring is coming. And my25th birthday (it's on Sunday - also daylight savings day which stinks), and a few warm days, and graduation, and... lots of things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and questions! If you'd like to contact us additionally, email lindsay.bay@gmail.com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow Me on Pinterest